What is Botulinum toxin?
Botulinum toxin is one of the most popular non-surgical aesthetic interventions worldwide. It is the number one treatment for wrinkle control, since it is very easy and very effective. It is an anti-aging treatment that gives us a youthful and smooth skin. The way Botulinum toxin works is to reduce the contraction of the muscles that cause wrinkles. At the same time, it can also act as a prevention of wrinkles. Since the muscles do not contract wrinkles do not worsen for the duration of Botulinum toxin action. It is a type of protein that acts locally without being absorbed by the body. It is a completely safe method with short duration and rare side effects, which are reversible. Of course, it is essential that the process be carried out by a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. This method is aimed at women and men that wrinkles are beginning to appear.
Face areas that we use Botulinum toxin
Botulinum toxin results are not permanent and last about six months. The results are not immediately visible, as it usually takes from a few hours to a few days to appear. The maximum results are achieved after about 10 days and after some applications they are even longer. The basic areas that we use the treatment are:
- Horizontal wrinkles of the forehead
- Frown lines above the eyebrows
- Vertical wrinkles
- Lines on the upper lip or otherwise lines of smokers
- Wrinkles around the eyes, the so-called leg of the goose
- Rhinoparial wrinkles which extend from the corners of the mouth to the nose fins
Botulinum toxin Procedure
Using a very thin needle, the plastic surgeon injects small amounts of the solution. The injection is made at various points, such as the forehead, the mesh, around the eyes, etc. During the application there is no pain due to the small needle size and the minimum amount of material to be placed. Some small red marks caused by the syringe recede after 20-30 minutes. So no one will understand that you have done any treatment. The points that we need to pay special attention to are:
- The quality of the material that our plastic surgeon will use
- Use only certified formulations
- A normal dilution of the formulation should take place so that it has the desired duration
- Particular attention should be paid to where the application will be, in order to preserve the natural expressiveness of the face